How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50178
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Ben: I have instructed my arcutec to apply for plannig for

This answer was rated:

Hi Ben jones :
I have instructed my arcutec to apply for plannig for my house we was not granted due to size & mass of development .
I then been desperate to get planning instructed town planner to appeal for my planning there business name j & L planning services he has came around to inspect the house his fees was £600 up FROUNT on his first visit then another £600 subject to planning application been granted .
On his visit he has told me I have a very good case looking around other property's and my property he also told me trust me I will do everything in my powers Ect Ect I wrote him a cheque he then left. Had a visit from planning inspector .After waiting 8weeks we had a letter of reject of planing so my Appeal of planing was rejected
I then had a letter from j &L I am so dissepointed in the inspectors DECISION ..
I have been thinging what did I give the £600 for?
What did j & L do for appeal (not a lot)
Basically he took my £600 and done nearly nothing
I have phoned him left message with his secutary for him to contact me but he never did . I now gone back to my arcutec
Paid more money and made amendments to drawings whitch now is with the planners .
Is there anything I can do to open a case against j & L
Regards *****

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Do you basically wish to get part of all of your £600 back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not all at least half of

Hi sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. You can consider taking this matter further. Whenever a dispute arises over compensation owed by one party to another, the party at fault can be pursued through the civil courts. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps:

1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the party at fault to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the party at fault must be sent a formal letter asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue the compensation due. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.

Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you