How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Husband wants a divorce but tell me I can't do anything

This answer was rated:

Husband wants a divorce but tell me I can't do anything about his works pensions or that he named me next of Kin on the house he got after we parted is he right

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?
-What assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?
-Who is now living in the property?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi all I need to know is how I get my half of his pension in my name he's told me he will give me half of any he's got or do I need to leave them in his name

You will both need to have prepared a consent order, a Form D81 and a Form P1 (Pension Sharing Annex) for the court to approve once your Decree Nisi is granted. Once approved by the court the Pension Sharing Annex can be used to transfer whatever agreed amount to your pension or a separate pension fund.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you