How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10794
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

The executor of my Fathers will is willing to revoke his

This answer was rated:

The executor of my Fathers will is willing to revoke his position. I am a beneficiary can act as executor without engaging solicitors?
Many Thanks

Hi Paul,

You can apply to be your Father's administrator (as you are a beneficiary).

However, there are some set Forms you and the Executor will need to sign, and if you are not familiar with these, you are best to ask a local Wills Solicitor to draft them.

Basically, the Executor will need to sign a Form called a Deed of Renunciation. You may be able to download a copy from the internet for a small fee, if you can find one.

You will then need to apply to your local Probate Registry to be Administrator of the Estate. If a Solicitor was acting for you, he would prepare the necessary Oath which you will need to sign. If you want to do it yourself, provided you have the signed Deed of Renunciation, you can make an application yourself to the Probate Registry, and they will then send you the necessary Oath to swear.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Can I assist any further? If I have helped, please don't forget to rate my answer. Thanks Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you