How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My local Council has proceeded with a court case regarding

Customer Question

My local Council has proceeded with a court case regarding council tax that was reduced after deducting alleged benefits
While I was in the process of trying to obtain this information from their benefits department they issued a notice to attend court, which I did.
Speaking to their representative I was informed the case would be suspended the information was received regarding the benefits
I have now received notification that the case did proceed and notification that payment must be made, bailiffs etc
Can I appeal to the magistrates court to get this order rescinded
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was a liability order granted, if so when?