How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My 18 year old daughter was arrested and charged with drink

Customer Question

My 18 year old daughter was arrested and charged with drink driving early this morning after crashing her car into a lamppost, no other cars involved. Both her and her passenger friend were unharmed unlike the car. She has to appear in court in 2 weeks. She is unemployed at present as she is due to start university in September after she finished her a levels in June. Her only income is pocket money from myself and her grandparents. Do we need to get a solicitor and how much is it likely to cost? I work part time so do jot earn much and receive child tax credits and working tax credits. Also how do we find a suitable solicitor? Neither my daughter nor myself have ever been arrested before so am really scared and don't know how to begin to sort this mess out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is she pleading guilty in court?