How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

While holding office as Chairman of this country's Medical

This answer was rated:

While holding office as Chairman of this country's Medical Professional Regulatory body, I responded officially and with my council's sanction to a public attack against doctors by a local professor. He sued me for defamation and won after I had responded to his insulting letters and media publications. He won because my attorneys failed to file a defense I prepared under their advice. I have not said a word in my defense! I am saddled with tremendous personal costs because the present council has reversed a prior (ratified) decision of my council at the time, to support my legal cost. My present attorney tells me that I cannot sue the present council for this financial support since my claim to this is "statute barred" - two years have gone by. Any advice?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to clarify it has been 2 years, is that correct?

Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Do you have a number we can chat on?