How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I been living with my partner ( not married,no partnership

Customer Question

I been living with my partner ( not married,no partnership documents) for 4 years.He has mortgage on his name.I was contributing towards food in house for all family.Also for decorating house.I took loan from bank for 15 k.Now we are separating and he is saying that he not going to give me anything.I paid loan for 2.5 years-he said you can take your kitchen with you. Or pay me rent for all those years you lived in my house.We dont have children together. Could you please where i stand.Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Is your name on the title of the property?

-Are there any formal agreements in place regarding your contributions?

-Was there any intention that your contribution would entitle you to a share of the property or to be compensated for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No name on property.Property only on his name.
No agreements for contribution apart from bank statements
He wants to keep everything.