How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife left home about three moths ago. The mortgage is on

Customer Question

My wife left home about three moths ago. The mortgage is on her name but I've always contributed towards it and Up to this day the phone, council tax, water, gas, electricity, internet bills and all the property maintenance is paid or done by me. I received today a letter from the court in Hastings were she lives saying that this is her family home and I am not aloud to enter or go within 50 metres of it. I am terribly scared that she would come with the police, based on that order, and expel me from the house which will make me homeless. I am in a very low income and barely afford to pay my bills and feed my self. Because I am not in any form of benefits I am not entitle to legal Aid. Please I need to know What can I do to stop her from expel me from my house and what are my rights? I've phoned Sutton council about it but phones are closed because the weekends, I am terrified of becoming homeless.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

What is the letter that you’ve received from the court? Can you attach a copy or give us the wording? Has she alleged any kind of domestic violence in the past?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will attached a scanned copy of the the latest court letter. Yes she had made alegations of asault against me which I totally denied. I was interview two weeks later by the police and released without charges and told by the police that I was free to continue looking for contact with the 2 children's we have toguether. I have to go to court on the 18th August to see Cafcass and answer her allegations. The truth is that she fisically assaulted our 9 years old son and I had to interfere. She suffers from Manic depression and refused to take her medication. She has not disclosed this to the police or to the court's. My only worry is that based on her allegation she decides to return home which she has previously said she would never return.. I am just terrified that she would do this before the 1st day of the hearing on the 18th August. I want to know what my rights are and what can I do to stop this and become homeless as a result oh her false allegations which I'll totally dispute.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I need to see a copy of the correspondence from the court please. Thank you