How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I purchased a bmw from a car dealer 27 months ago, i want to

This answer was rated:

i purchased a bmw from a car dealer 27 months ago , i want to move the car on but when
the buyer checked the cars history it has a red flag against it from 2011 which indicated
the mileage was not correct which i believe should have been noted by the car dealer before
it was sold to me , now because of this its been marked as a clocked car, can you tell me what my position on this is and where do i go from here.
ed chapman

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did the dealer know about this please Ed before he sold it to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all dealers check the car history and are to inform the purchaser if it has a problem

Ok - what is the difference in value, do you know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the difference in value can be 25% minimum to what they want to offer you for a clocked car

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of that LOSS IN VALUE within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you