How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a jordanian father currently live in qatar and my 12

This answer was rated:

I am a jordanian father currently live in qatar and my 12 years old jordanian son also lives with me in qatar and i am planning to visit UK for a tourist visit along with my son. my question is that can my canadian ex wife transfer my child custody and take him to canada from UK during our tourist visit ?
i believe as she is most properly a canadian can go to UK very easy and ask to take my son custody.
i can provide more Info if you are going to call me so i can explain more

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity - you are concerned that your ex would make an urgent request to the courts in the Uk - is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe yes - my concern is legally can she take him through police or court or any official way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in UK if your question related to the location , as i mentioned in my question during my tourist trip to UK

Difficult question I know - but do you have any reason to think that your son is not happy in your care?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife and i divorced twice and my son at that time he lives with his mom so he loves her for sure but when she asked for the second divorce and suddenly left to canada for immigration ( i beleive ) that was like a shock for him and they are still communicate with each other and i think he misses her as this is the first time she lives away from him since 12 years. I also surprised how she did that so to answer your question he missing her and i want to have a chance to live with him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am sure also when my son grow up and reach 14 maybe and want to go to his mom even for good he can do that but after knows me well so he can decide , my visit to UK mainly is for him to make him happy and to show him how much i loves him, i don't want him to live far of his mom but she chosed to live away and i want only to get a chance to show him that i am good father so he can decide properly in future.

The reason I ask is the ONLY way that the UK courts would become involved would be if your son clearly indicated to a Social Worker (away from his mother) that he did not wish to leave with you.

Whilst you are in the UK the police will only become involved if there are allegations that you are abusing your son - which I am sure you are not.

If your ex applies to the Court she will be told that since you are only visiting then the Uk courts have no right to deal with the matter and that she will have to deal with the matter in Jordan.

However as I said IF she involves Social Services and IF your son does wish to stay with her then there is a risk that the UK Courts would get involved.

However they would be very very reluctant to do so

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you