How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

An professional examination board has denied me a further

This answer was rated:

An professional examination board has denied me a further attempt at an exam citing new regulations that limits the number of attempts although I registered for the exam when the rules allowed more than the current limit. I have appealed to them but they have denied my request what can I do?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When did they make the decision please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a month ago or so

Ok - then if you have been to the Regulators then all you can do is a Judicial Review.

This is where a High Court Judge considers the decision of the board and decides whether its legal and reasonable.

The Judge will either agree with the decision or send it back to them to re-consider.

You would need a Solicitor as this is quite a specialist procedure, open to public bodies.

For more information please see:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of law does the solicitor need to be knowledgeable/expert in for this matter

Judicial Review - Administrative Law

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you recommend someone with special interest or experience with such matters ie judicial review

You can fine one by going here:


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you