How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now
This answer was rated:

I have received a way of service section 42 notice claim for

the right to extend the... Show More
the right to extend the lease.
As the freeholder do I have to accept their offer,as it is very low compare to the survey I had requested. I have absolutely no idea of what my next step should be
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question


There is a date stated on the form by which you must serve your response.

You cannot dispute the request for a peppercorn rent or an additional 90 years to the term, these are statutory rights for the tenant.

You can dispute the premium you state it on the response notice.

Your surveyor will then negotiate with the tenant's surveyor to reach agreement on the premium. There are time limits and they are strictly applied. The matter can be referred to tribunal if the parties do not agree within the set time limits.

Any further questions or queries? Happy to assist further.

Please accept /rate my response. Thanks.

Do come back to me if you need further information or anything clarified.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
What is the time limit? Where can I find it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just find answers 30 th september.
Do I need a solicitor as well or can the surveyor negotiate?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer so far. One last question. Item 4 on thé form state :
There is no other amount which I propose to pay in accordance with schedule 13 of the act.
Not sure what it means?