How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A person I know took pictures at a wedding, even though they

Customer Question

A person I know took pictures at a wedding, even though they were not the offical photographer and are using them as promotional material is but I have not given then written constent can they contine to use them after have asked them to remove them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did they have verbal consent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The verbal consent was for the use of the photos to be used for a slide show that was supposed to be used for the family not for any. The photographer is the sister of the groom, the groom asked if his sister could take and use photos to create a slide show for the family.
That they will be used as marketing material only came to light recently. Upon asking the photographer to take them down she answered that consent was give. Even though this person was not the wedding photographer but a member of the grooms family taking pictures in that capacity.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then you can ask them to remove it from any promotional material.

If the verbal consent extended only to allowing it for private use then it can't be used commercially.

So you can ask them to remove it or say you will get a court order stopping the using it.

The went beyond the permission which was agreed and given.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?