How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have poi reclaim question. 5 years ago a solicitor claimed

This answer was rated:

I have poi reclaim question. 5 years ago a solicitor claimed back some ppi money for me to which I paid their fee in full. More recently a claims company made a further poi reclaim for me. The bank who the claim was against has paid the solicitor from 5 years ago & not the claims company. My problem is both companies want a fee for making my claim. Could you please advise me on where I stand.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I don't quite understand, the solicitor has been paid twice in effect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The claim is a new claim made by the claims company & not the solicitor. Unfortunately when speaking to the bank I only gave verbal instruction to pay the claims company & not written.

Yes I understand that - but is the Solicitor also being paid (or asking for payment) for this new work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They had no part in claiming the money back on this claim. They have cashed the full amount of the claim & not even sent a cheque for the rest of the payment of the claim after taking out what they believe falsely is their cut.

Right, so they have failed to pay you, is that right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see. You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you