How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71129
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a landlord for an unfurnished flat and my Tenants 12

This answer was rated:

I am a landlord for an unfurnished flat and my Tenants 12 month agreement expired on June 30th 2016. He has not paid any rent for June and July and his mobile telephone is permanently unavailable. Can I change the locks to my property or do I need to get a cOurt Order first?

Do you believe he is still there?

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I visited the property yesterday and there was no one in the property although his property is still in place. I spoke to him two weeks ago and he said that overdue payments would take place as soon as possible. I have been on holiday and having checked my bank accounts there has not been any payment

Are you ready now? I can't get through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am waiting on the telephone to speak with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was called by your service should I put the phone down so you can call me

Let me try again. I'm just on the other line. 5 mins ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put the phone down and am awaiting your call thank you five minutes will be fine

Trying now.