How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71156
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am helping a friend around him appealing a recent

This answer was rated:

Hello I am helping a friend around him appealing a recent conviction, in relation to harassment and how the trial was conducted - can you help me with a couple of general questions please?

Yes, go on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you appeal the decision if you feel the trial was not conducted correctly? If so, on what grounds? My friend was also declined a Mackenzie friend with no reason given, even though the pre-trial judge the day before confirmed that was OK. He was also not given opportunity to present his evidence/statement fully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is self employed, not entitled to Legal Aid and has no money to pay for a solicitor, so has to represent himself

Was this a Magistrates court conviction?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep getting a call from you but am just put on hold - what's going on?