Is there a correct way to serve notice to someone? Does the

Is there a correct way to serve notice to someone?
Does the recipient have to acknowledge the notice?The floor of the flat upstair has collapsed and fallen into my flat below, causinfg extensive damage.
I am a Lessor and have stuck a 7day notice of entry dated 29th JUly 2016, on the door of the Lesse.
I have also posted thea copy of the letter through the door.
Today I am sending a message via Social MediaMany thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Yes that is fine in terms of notice, there is nothing else you need do and they dont need to acknowledge it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** about this yesterday and I needed to clarify that notice had been served correctly.
Best regards

Yes hopefully that did Deborah.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Thanks! Alex