How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have found a ccj against me from 2013 that has only just

This answer was rated:

I have found a ccj against me from 2013 that has only just been applied to me. In Jan 2015. No comunication with the solicitors prior to this and i have made all the contact. Since finding this. I moved address in august 2013 . They are unwilling to help and keep telling me to seek legal advice.
Please can some one help
***** *****

Hello Tim my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex.
I switched energy suplier to co-op energy on the 1-1-2013. I moved out of property on 18-2-2013. We never recived a first or final bill untill may of 2013. This bill was over 500 pounds. For 6 weeks.....
I am trying to remortgage and noticed a ccj on my credit file. Thats when i started looking into this. I have a final bill from the dated 16-5-2013 which states 296. Now i have paid 150pounds since then but still their solicitors say i owe 400 pounds and i have a ccj... i want this resolved cleared and removed or set aside so i can sort the remortgage out to provide for my familly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd rarther deal via mail at thi stage.

Sure. Just to clarify the Claimant Solicitors wont provide any information including the claim form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have just sent an email with the statement and details of what i paid and when
They are saying that i cannot quiery the bill as it has been over 12 months. The new bill was £430 ish for 6 weeks energy. Seem a little high

Well that is not correct. What you need to do is ask them for a copy of the claim form and particulars.

You can see what is then being claimed. If you have a defence to that claim then you can apply to set the CCJ aside.

You would need to complete form N244:

The matter would then be listed for a hearing and a Judge will decide whether to have a realistic defence and whether you acted promptly from the time you knew about the CCJ
But this is what you need to do to apply to set it aside, otherwise you need to pay it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you