How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a brother that had been given a family court order

This answer was rated:

I have a brother that had been given a family court order for tomorrow. He has less than 24 hrs to digest the allegations. What options are available to him as he hasn't appointed a solicitor yet?

Hi, thanks or your question. Please confirm who pursued the application and what the application is for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His partner.
The application splits into 3 areas. 1) harmful domestic violence. 2) prohibition / occupation of property 3) visiting rights for the children

Thanks for confirming. Given that there application deals with domestic violence hours partner likely had grounds to pursue an urgent application. In there's circumstances most respondents will unlikely have legal representation is served with the application so late but he should still attend and see if there court has a duty solicitor to represent him. In any event the court will unlikely make any substantive decisions without formal evidence and it is likely directions for this will be made tomorrow.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you