How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3978
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Can you tell me if barclaycard can put a charging order on

Customer Question

good morning, can you tell me if barclaycard can put a charging order on my house , as it was unsecured debt , the amount was £11000ish many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. They can apply to put a charging order on your property if the debt is unpaid, overdue and owing. They would need a court order and would first have to apply for an interim charging order, if successful they can then apply to court to have the charging order finalised. This is not an overnight process and can take several weeks to accomplish. They also have to give you notice that they are doing it. Kind regards AJ