How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live in a cottage in the English countryside. Our cottage,

Customer Question

Hello. I live in a cottage in the English countryside. Our cottage, with 3 others, receive a water supply via, but not from, the local estate, to whom we pay an annual charge. The water itself comes from a local water company main nearby, but is delivered over very elderly steel piping through the estate land. The piping is now showing signs of deterioration. There is an increasing possibility that the pipe will have to be replaced.
If the estate is a 'third party' supplier of water, what are their responsibilities and liabilities in this case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.


Do you have the wording from your Deeds, which grants you the right to use the water supply?

I do really need to see this wording before advising you fully.

I look forward to hearing from you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The following from the Deeds:"Full right and liberty to to draw water through the existing water pipes laid under the adjoining propert 1 Creech Hill Cottages aforesaid and to enter thereon as reserved to the vendor by the Conveyance subject to the liability to make good all damage thereby occasioned" (1 Creech Hill Cottages is the semi-detached cottage alongside, which also receives this supply)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The distance between the access to the Bournemouth Water Company's 8" main is just over half a mile and the service pipe taking the water to us is believed to run in open field and woodland.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the professional has left, I think I would like my money back, please. No offence Nicola