How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have made a deal online with someone who introduced as a

This answer was rated:

I have made a deal online with someone who introduced as a stock broker , I had some open positions in my trade account and I did deposit around £65k to my trade account , they have decided to close my open position as they were minus that time and start with the £5k positive in my account and they sent me a breakdown that shows they will make that £5k to £86k in just 8 weeks time , unfortunately they lost that money in couple of days too! also they gave me lots of false information at the start and also same fake info they put on trade chat website for the others, I need to know how I can claim my money back , they are a mother and son and son says he is 15 years old!!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know their name and address (dont give it here, but do you have it)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi yes I have their names and address in sweden
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I did send them some small money for a profit in one trade

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

As its over this amount then you would need representation. But the fact we are in the EU (for the time being) means you can bring a claim here.

They may contest jurisdiction and you may need to attend Sweden for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the answer but how likely is I can win the claim and also I did not realise the final part about attending sweden for trial? Cant we have trial in here and also how much roughly would be the cost involved in this claim? thanks

Well that depends on a view the Judge takes. Usually claims are transferred to the Defendant's home Court.

So in this case it would be Sweden. You could argue it should be here as this is where the contract was formed.

But that may be an argument for another day.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To take it to Court you are looking at about £40,000 for a UK trial

You may be able to get a no win no see Solicitor to consider this for you

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;40000 to get £65000 back?

Yes but if you win then the Court can order the other side to pay your costs.

Does that clarify? Alex

You may consider reporting this to the Police instead as fraud.

It may be far slower, but there wont be a cost to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last question is this guy says he is underage does this effect to my claim at all or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
police in Uk or sweden?

No, not at all if he is under age.UK Police. They can refer it to Sweden.

Does that help? Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks .take care

Good luck. Alex