How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I would like to contest a lasting power of attorney

Customer Question

I would like to contest a lasting power of attorney
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the position please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to contest the lasting power of attorney that my brother has taken over my diagnosed with mental health problem mother who two months ago was living with her feind on there own in my mums house with no aids apart from hand rails here and there as she also at 79 years old has problems with her legs. I have not spoken to my brother and only communicate with him though either my sister or my mother as my brother and myself fell out some time mother now lives with my brother after a fall and some concerns over my mother's finance my brother see fit to force her friend to live and took my mother to live with him with no consolation with both myself or my sister who at that point was heavly evolved with every aspect of my mum's well being after he moved my mother into hos house she decided she would like to stay there at that point my brother told my sister that he was applying for lasting power of attorney and was informed of the day and time my sister could not attention but I was not inform also my sister was contacted by the solicitor and again I was not .my question is have I any grounds to contest this action
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have you received the Notice of Registration?

Why do you object to your brother dealing with your mother's finances?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not and it's not only my mother's finance but I found out today the my mother's house has been put up for sale with no consultation with either myself or my sister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what is the notice to registration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If your referring to confirnation email regarding payment then yes I have received a notice of registration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My concern is that we are both so removed from each other I have no idea what's going i do not trust him to put my mothers intrests first and also the fact that my sister was notified by letter by the solicitor but I was not
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Sorry - what I meant was have you been given notice that the Lasting Power has been registered with the Court of Protection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't and I don't think my sister has either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have asked and my sister thinks it was the solicitors letter that was all she received
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

But have they said that it has been Registered- what does the letter say?