How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

We recently moved into an apartment on High Street

This answer was rated:

We recently moved into an apartment on High Street Kensington for a two month lease while I have medical treatment. We were presented with a 29 page inventory that we were told we had to respond to within seven days. We thought the inventory was a bit excessive but went ahead with corrections.We responded on day two, the real estate company handling the lease responded on day four with a new inventory that contained none of our comments, alterations or corrections. How should we proceed?
David and Yvonne Whyte

Hi David and Yvonne,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The inventory of course has to be agreed by both parties, ideally before the Lease is signed. On the basis that you are indeed already living there, I would suggest that you go back to the Agents and demand that your alterations are accepted, and keep a copy of the email/letter you send them. If they do not agree, then I suggest that you take photographs of every room, as evidence of what items are in the apartment. You should then email these to the Agent, and you then have visible evidence if a dispute arises at the end of the 2 month term.

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards


Hi, can I assist any further? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing at the moment thank you. We re just keeping written copies of al our correspondence and will see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.

If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you