How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I plan to do construction work to open a new cafe and I need

Customer Question

Hi, I plan to do construction work to open a new cafe and I need council's permission, I hire an engineer company to deal with the council. I have made the payment 7 months ago and they reply me only once a month. In the mean time the other case they are working on has already granted permission, however mine was submitted earlier but still no respond from council. I can see that the engineer is not submitting supporting documents since April. How can I make the engineer taking me seriously? Their stalling of work is causing me a lot of trouble and costing so much time of me, as well as my contractor and landlord. How can I push them through legal enforcement, they are costing me unnecessary expense and my visa to stay in the UK may be not able to extend due to the delay of the engineer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Who instructed the engineer, you or the Council?
If it was you, do you have a signed contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for you reply. The engineer company was found via council's referencing page so that I contacted him. There is no contract but a receipt showing the payment has made for planning and building control application.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Was it ever discussed how quick/slow he would do the work?