How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

As a croational national can i marry my same sex partner who

Customer Question

As a croational national can i marry my same sex partner who has permanent residency in the UK, how do i proceed to stay and eventually work here?
Thankyou Tony
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a dual citizen australian and croatian and currently in the UK now on a 3 month entry on my croatian passport, i have been offered a good job and do not meet the yellow,blue or purple requirements for a national insurance number however my understanding is a blue certificate can be applied for as a spouse of a permant resident, allowing me a national insurance number and the opportunity to accept a great job offer. I know i need to register marriage and wait 28 days but apart from that what are my best avenues to remain in the UK with my same sex partner and hopefully accept the job offer and set up home in the UK with him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What nationality is your partner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
He is Polish but been residing in the UK ten years and has permanent UK residency.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You seem to have done all your research - what further informtaion do you need?