How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have just found out a car I purchased on 1st July 2016 has

This answer was rated:

I have just found out a car I purchased on 1st July 2016 has had the speedometer clocked, and the mileage has been turned back by about 40 to 50 thousand miles. What can I do about this please. I am and old aged pensioner and my husband who is 78 is severely disabled, and we need a car all the time, and when this dealer sold us this car, he was aware of our position, and we thought he was an honest dealer, but we have spoken to the last owner of our car, and she says the mileage was definitely a lot lot higher when she sold the vehicle, so would appreciate any advice as to how to proceed. thank you

As the vehicle was not as described you can reject it and claim your money back, by going to court if necessary. As it is a criminal offence to alter the mileage of a vehicle you could also involve the police and trading standards or certainly use that as a bargaining tool when you speak to the dealer. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much JGM, and we have already tried to discuss this with the dealer, who is not very disposed to being helpful, so we have now involved the police. Thank you again for your help. It is great to have this service available to everyone and very much appreciate you giving your time. regards Marie