How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How does someone appeal the adoption of her children and

Customer Question

how does someone appeal the adoption of her children and where to? all approaches to solicitors say legal aid not available and appeal costs could be £15000. HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the matter please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello thank-you for your response I am Claire I am sat with Stewart now who asked the question on my behalf. I was represented at the case hearing but was let down by my solicitor who didn't attend the final court hearing when submissions should of been made for the judge. A barrister did attend without court papers and without instructions. I was told at that time I had no right if appeal. This was also told to me by my lawyer. I resigned myself to loosing my children. Then received a letter from the court in June this year relating to the adoption of my children I knew nothing about this and sought legal advice. I wrote a letter to the court because I was told I might bot be aloud to speak. The judge asked ne to attend court which I did and he referred the case back t the originaljudge. I attended court again on true to form social services attended there submission was accepted ad I wasn't aloud to speak. I now wish to appeal the care proceedings out of time. And want my children's adoption to be put on hold until this process is complete. An example of the judge is that she asked foe an independent psychological report in response to one of the questions asked by the psychologist the psychologist replied I agree with the judge. It is surely not right that someone to represent a independent report Is given the judges intended judgement
There are many more issues however I only received all the legal papers from my previous Lawers on Thursday afternoon. I need to reply t the court by Wednesday when the court closes. This delay is because I've been seeking assistance Frim the local solicitors who say legal aid is not available and my pervious solicitor refused to represent. It is to that end I need help to Try and do this myself. My friend Stewart has been searching to Tey and find help any help and advice would be very greatfully received. Thank-you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How old are the children and when was the final Care Order made - and on what grounds.