How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7050
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I have a requisition for not paying road tax on a company

This answer was rated:

I have a requisition for not paying road tax on a company car. This is at Cambridgeshire Magistrate's Court on Monday 8th August. I have forgotten to reply to the requisition. I intend to sign the 'pleading guilty' form. Can I (or a representative) simply take the form and hand it in to the court 1st thing on Monday morning, or even phone them? I can not attend as I have to be a witness at the inquest of my late mother in Chelmsford on the same day, a large part of the reason for the oversight.
Thank you,
Pauline Kempley

Dear *****ine

Lodge the form pleading guilty with the court on Monday morning with a covering letter explaining the reason for your absence. Make sure you or your friend actually hands the letter in and explains it relates to a hearing that morning. In the pleading guilty form state that you admit the offence but were forgetful because of your mother's death.

State in the letter that if the court wish for you to attend you will be happy to do so on another date, then if the court wish for you to attend they will set down another date and advise you.

The penalty is likely to be penalty points and a fine provided you do not have lots of previous offences.

Best wishes


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you