How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7042
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

My GP is refusing to provide evidence requested by the Dr

Customer Question

My GP is refusing to provide evidence requested by the Dr for my US visa medical. My medical report will not be issued without this, meaning that I will not get a visa. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

what is the information required, is it to do with your medical history.

Has the GP said why they are refusing to release the information?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a letter is required to confirm specific details about my medical history.The GP said they are no longer allowed to write to private doctors
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

This is about getting the job done.

I would ask the GP what regulation / legislation prevents the release of the information.

However, I would also provide the surgery with a form of authority to release copies of your medical notes to the Visa doctor.

This avoids the GP from having to write a letter but gets the notes/information where it needs to be.

Best regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have agreed to give me copies of my notes however I specifically need a letter that provides the responses to specific questions that the visa medical dr has asked, including their professional opinion on my current state.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

I wonder if the surgery either want a fee or are concerned about legal liability for the report and are concerned about whether they are covered.

What about simply instructing a doctor at a private hospital to do it. It will be quicker and very possibly cheaper than pursuing the surgery through a solicitor


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already told them that i expect to pay for the letter(s). I think that they are just blankly applying rules that do not apply here and do not want to backtrack on what they have said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blanketly not blankly!
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

I agree but they have not have a legal obligation to provide a letter so you cannot force them however unreasonable they are being.