How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am in a similar. Situation but I submitted n208 form and

Customer Question

Hello I am in a similar. Situation but I submitted n208 form and the Court is now saying that I should have submitted n161 and that my claim is now struck out
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about your matter please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lodged an appeal against section 202 decision that the council has discharged it's duty. I used the form n208 as previous messages but the court has struck k my claim out that it should be n161 form
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Who suggested that form?

When was the decision made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The decision was made last week. I read a thread on this site that it should be form n208 after an applicant was told that he completed the wrong form n161. Is it possible. To lodge an the county court with n208?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When was the actual Council decision?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 June 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's out of time now.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but no an N208 was nit the correct form and cannot be used in this way

However you can ask permission to file your N161 out of time - the Council cannot be prejudiced since they have always been aware of your wish to appeal

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to give bad news