How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

There has been a question over my garden boundaries in

This answer was rated:

There has been a question over my garden boundaries in Wadeford, near Chard. We have lived in the same house for 50 years. Apparently it went to Court yesterday without any notification to me. How can I find out which Court and where? My name is***** and my e-mail address is***@******.***.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that the matter went to Court yesterday without warning, but I don't know which Court

Dear Bob

It is virtually impossible to tell.

Matters relating to land usually end up in the Land Tribunal or the County Court depending on the nature of the dispute. There are County Courts all over the country and we do not know the case number, names of the parties and the specifics of the dispute

What I can tell you is that if it affects you 2 things should have happened. The first is that a court order cannot bind you unless you are a party to the proceedings. As you were not you cannot be directly affected. Secondly a court order is not effective unless it is served. The exceptions would be if a matter has been placed before the court/tribunal to be decided by them on the papers presented by the parties but you would be aware of this. Alternatively the dispute could be between 2 other bordering neighbours.

So bot***** *****ne is that, subject to the above, whatever occurred does not directly effect you

Best wishes


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you