How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

In me father's last will & testament he stated that he makes

This answer was rated:

in me father's last will & testament he stated that he makes no further provision for his 3 children - what precisely does this mean please?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Where did your late father live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, he lived in Deal, near Dover kent

Who does he leave his estate to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the person who was his carer for the last 5 years, he was 95 years old but he did have all his faculties.

Did he make any financial provision for you in his lifetime?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you mean did he leave us children money in previous wills the answer is yes. but there was not an ongoing payment of money for the last 10 years, prior to that he would distribute funds annually according to tax gift limits. i think it was £3000 per annum between me and my 2 sisters

What the wording means is that he deliberately chose not to make provision for you in the Will.

If you feel that this was because he was subjected to undue influence by his Carer then you are entitled to challenge the Will - but will of course have to prove it.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thank you for the clarification, best regards

You are most welcome

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you