How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

We have been divorced for nearly two years, I am the home

This answer was rated:

We have been divorced for nearly two years , I am the home owner but can not get my x wife out of the property. I'm not happy with the progress with my current solicitor!
My x wife at the moment outside the country and my question is can I enter the property and take over the ownership?

Hi, thanks for your question. Are there any court orders in place and whose name ibhad the title in? Why have you been excluded from the property?

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your response and there is no court order been in placed in respect of the property and only my name on the title. When the marriage breakdowns I was ordered by court to stay away from the matrimonial home. My x wife started divorce proceeding but failed to get legal aids from the UK, then took her case to Iran and got an Agreement divorce ( agreed to give up all her rights in order to be divorced).Then asked her solicitor to start claiming for her in England, but since she has agreed to that type of divorce in Iran, the over ruling would be costly procedure here. I offered her half of the sale proceed but rejected, by which my solicitor warned her to leave the property or will be evicted. Since then her solicitor asked for half again but refused to leave before I can get the property prepared for sale as it has been neglected for nearly four years. However I feel my solicitor as well dragging his feet and I'm unhappy with the progress.
As my x wife out of the country at the moment I suggested to my solicitor that I wanted to repossess the house and start the decorating and reinstate myself as we are divorce and the children are no longer dependent on her, but my solicitor not responding to my suggestion.
Please can you advise me on this matter and what rights do I have as I am the lawful owner?