How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I have filed a defence on the 28th day after receiving a

Customer Question

I have filed a defence on the 28th day after receiving a summons for monies owing.
The claimant obtained judgement on the 28th day, the last day I was entitled to file my defence.
Can i apply to have the judgement set aside and how do I go about it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Yes you can apply to set aside the claim - the threshold for doing this is very low - you just need to show under Civil Procedure Rule 13.3 that you have a real prospect of sucessfully defending the claim - basically that you have a defence. You need to file form N244 at the court where the Judgment came from and say on the form you are applying to have the judgment set aside under CPR 13.3 - you can find the form here.

Can I assist any further?

Kind regards AJ