How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Where to send court application for enforcement of a

This answer was rated:

Where to send court application for enforcement of a tribunal award against a company (form N322A)?
To the court closest to the registered office (found in Companies House) or place of business?

Hi, Thank you for you question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you, you will have to send the application notice to the court to be issued and then to the Company registered office as detailed at Companies House (not to the place of business, you can send it here for information purposes, but it must go to the registered office as well). Have you issued the enforcement notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet issued any notice. I have received an award which has not been payed.
Do I need to issue an enforcement notice like a 'Letter before Action'?Is the following correct?
Step 1: Send the N322A form to the court closest to the registered office address (address also written in N322A).
Step 2: Send the returned judgment to the registered office.

Hi Thank you. Those are the correct steps - Does the award have a deadline for payment? I would warn the company that if they do not pay with in the deadline you reserve the right to take any enforcement action without further notice. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The award had a deadline for payment 15 days ago, which was 10 + 10 days after the decision (two periods, the second together with a penalty). The company has been expelled from the tribunal body because of the non-payment and, as stated in the decision, I am free to seek enforcement further through the legal process.Thus, please answer the last question:
Do I have to send an enforcement notice before taking further action?

Hi, Thank you. You do not need to send a letter before action style notice before taking further action. It is your right to take enforcement proceedings against a Judgment/Award from a tribunal.

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic thank you. You solved more questions than I thought I had.