How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am separated from my wife since aug 2013.. I have a

Customer Question

Hi I am separated from my wife since aug 2013..
I have a daughter who has learning difficulties due to a brain tumour back in 2000. However, she had improved a lot over the years and is not mentally affected but her coginitive processing is slower than other people of her age group.
She has been attending special schools and now ready for college in Sept 2016.
Since our separation, she has developed an eating disorder, where as she only eats desserts and drink cokes but not nourishing and food with nutritients nor her intake of her of water is high?
The social services and the psychologists and child psychiatrist have been involved over the last 3 years during our separation. Her weight was decreasing due to the lack of her intake of food, however, now more recently, her weight has increased and is out of the danger levels.
I intend to take her on holidays to Spain with her other sibling of 22 year old, however, the ex has intervened and asked the social services to stop me from taking my 19 year old ( coming on to 20 on 11th sept 2016) on holidays. The reason she claim is that her weight will decrease on holiday and as her intake of water is low she would lose more weight.
Can the Social services stop me from taking and her sister on holiday?
What are my circumstances if I took her with the law? There isn't a restriction or contact order in place. However, my ex thinks she is the law unto herself and can stop me...
The other thing is that the 19 year does not sleep til aprroximately 1am , and lives with her mother, yet her late sleeping falls onto me for bringing her back late during our time together which is only on a Friday evening sometimes and most Saturdays. How is that going to affect her sleeping patterns whilst with me??? She seems to be having the Social services on her side and same with the psychologists and psychiatrists.
Can someone please advise?
R Parmar
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have you spoken to your daughter's Social Worker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes
SHE SAID she was going to ask the Social worker panel and would get back to me after they have discussed it.
I haven't heard anything as yet , however, she did meet with the ex-wife on Friday gone , and I am sure they have discussed with the ex , and she would have tried to block her with her continuing lies and emotional black mail .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is the extent of your daughter's mental capacity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 19 and is Statemented , now ready to go College in Septemeber, she has help from MEncap on every other saturdays to take her shopping and days out, she doesn't understand numeracy and wont be able to cross roads by herself. she is mentally stable and can remember events from past and also can speak properly however slow to respond as her processing is slightly slower, but improving all time. she is very proficient in using the smart fone and ipads and comprehends a lot...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She cant walk long distance and her balance is issue if tired, but no wheel chair or assistance. needed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to talk to her online?