How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Our company is presently the victim of a social media

Customer Question

Our company is presently the victim of a social media campaign by a competitor to discredit and damage our business reputation. All major social media channels are being used to spread misinformation and untruths. They mention our staff employees by name in these posts, taking photos from our social media accounts and posting them on theirs together with untrue stories about the photos and are tagging our major customers in them in an effort to discredit us. We have not responded in anyway to these posts other than to report them to the social media channels as defamatory. Where do we stand from a legal perspective?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know who is doing this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are aware of the company involved and of the person within the company that has instigated it. There are over 10+ posts that contain false information and accusations that would indicate that we are incompetent, they are tagging our customers in their posts and we are having to spend considerable time in contacting these customers to explain that the information they are seeing is actually incorrect and in some cases entirely false. They mention our company by name in their posts but what concerns us is that they are also making disparaging remarks about our employees. Other than contacting our customers directly to explain, we have maintained silence on all social media channels.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write, ask them to remove and stop it or say you will seek a Court order.

if they refuse then you can issue proceedings using forms N1:

And N16a:

The Court will set the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction making them remove and not doing it again.

If they refuse it could be contempt of Court and they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.