How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My son has been arrested and charged with affray,to appear

This answer was rated:

My son has been arrested and charged with affray,to appear in the Runcorn police station August ,he had had strong words with a group of boys who had accosted his 15 yrs old daughter in the evening s she was returning home from a friends house,after the incident my son returned to his home,when later a group of men knocked on his door and ended up beating my son and his brother in law they barged there way into his home where this attack took place,my son his brother in law his wife and his motherinlaw where all injured in this incident before the police arrived,my son has his own business and is a respected member of the community s I his brother in law we have never been involved in anything like question is does he need a solicitor now or wait and see what happens on the 17 th my son is being accused of attacking one of the men.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How old is your son please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jonathan is 48yrs old.

Ok - does he have any previous?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you got an answere for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take for an answer?

I asked if he has any previous convictions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 or more years ago when he was a teenager for brawling in Warrington town centre,nothing since then he's a very responsible adult with his own business he has a lovely wife who he's been married to for 18 years She is a medical secretary and one girl child 15 years old.

Thanks for that and the background. What is your question about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will he need to hire solicitor now or what il after August and see what response h gets from his meeting with the local solicitor&

He can wait until the first Court appearance. it may be that in due course the CPS decide to drop the case and take no further action

But he can wait until then as he may be entitled to legal aid. He would get it on the merits test, but there is also the financial test
So he can either do it now, or probably better to wait

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the moment l don't think you can give me any further advice,the cost is expensive,