How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have proved that Nat West Bank knowingly allowed my

This answer was rated:

I have proved that Nat West Bank knowingly allowed my business partner to filter money from our company account to his previous company account over a two year period. I would like to sue Nat West/RBS for losses of business and personal assets. I am left with zero funds, is it possible to get help or am I completely shafted for good.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you seeking to claim please?
Why are you not suing the business partner?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;1,200,000 plus damages.
Business partner's other company went bankrupt, leaving him insolvent

Did you ever go to the Ombudsman?
What is your telephone number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that the Ombudsman does not deal with businesses. I do not want to pay any more.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund from Natwest within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

As this is £1.2m you will need a Solicitor. You dont get legal aid for this and will have to use a Solicitor. In reality the costs are going to be £50,000 or more for this type of claim.

I should warn you, if you bring a claim and lose, not only do you have to pay your own legal fees, but those of Natwest as well.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a solicitor accept a case like this for a 'no win, no fee', obviously on a deal for a substantial sum of 50/50 may be. If he/she knew of the evidence and knowledge of success?

Sadly not because of the risk. In any event its illegal to offer a no win no fee based on a cut. It then becomes a different type of agreement which is not legal in the UK.

I am sorry. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to clarify, you are saying that the normal working class person has no rights what so ever and I just have to accept being ripped off by the bank? Where is the justice in that?

I am sorry. I can only give you the legal answer. Alex