How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have been told I need to remove a 3rd party interest in

This answer was rated:

I have been told I need to remove a 3rd party interest in the property I am trying to remortgage. The person whose name is ***** ***** having an interest is perfectly happy to have their name removed. Problem is we dont know how to do it! Im in a hurry as need the equity from the remortgage in order to buy a new property.

Hi, what interest does this third party have? Is it a Restriction? I take it that the Solicitors dealing with your re-mortgage aren't prepared to deal with this themselves? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - yes its a Restriction. They are acting for the bank, not for me so wont deal with it :(

Hi, as it is a Restriction, your friend will need to complete and sign the Land Registry form called RX4. There is no fee payable to the Land Registry, and this Form can be downloaded from the Land Registry website. Please note the RX4 will need to be sent together with the and Registry application form called AP1. If neither of you are familiar with Land Registry procedures, I do suggest that a local Solicitor is instructed to deal with this paperwok for you, because if a member of the public makes an application to the Land Registry, they will need to verify their identity by completing Form ID1, again available from the Land Registry website. I hope this assists. If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI - thank you for this. I have dowloaded form RX4 but its not clear whether it is me who should be making the application to have it removed or whether it should be my friend. Grateful for any support you can give

Hi, your friend needs to complete it as he/she is applying to cancel it. Good luck. If I have helped, please don't forget to rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blimey these forms are opaque. It seems that there is no fee to pay for the RX4 but there may be for the AP1 - however I cant see what the amount needs to be. Again can you help please?

Hi, there is no fee payable for the AP1- Just put "0" in the box at the bottom of the first page. Kind Regards Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you