How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

There is a strip of land between our house and neighbours

Customer Question

There is a strip of land between our house and neighbours which we have discovered was owned by a now dissolved builders company that is the original builders who built our houses
This strip is now overgrown with large trees significantly affecting the light onto our property which we are also now extending.
Having spoken to the treasury they have advised us to find a solicitor who can help us buy the land? Unfortunately we cannot find a solicitor who is familiar with or indeed interested in doing this? Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

This is a question and answer service. We cannot handle transactions.

What other information did the treasury give you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just as in my question to you - they told us to find a solicitor to buy the land so that we could own it and garden it.