How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Following a claim for possession of the property by the

This answer was rated:

Following a claim for possession of the property by the landlord, (in which I am representing myself) the county court at Central London (after an intial hearing) has ordered “Defendant to file at Court and served on the Claimant a fully pleaded Defence and Counterclaim by 4.00 PM etc. etc”. Does the defence and counterclaim have to be on a special form or in freeform application to the Court? If so which one? Many thanks for your assistance.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

No, there is no form. If you Google search draft defence and counter claim you will find several examples.

But it is not on a form, its just on normal A4 paper, although it is headed similar to a witness statement.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that has helped.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you