How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My car has been hit whilst parked outside my house and the

Customer Question

Good evening. My car has been hit whilst parked outside my house and the other vehicle hasn't stopped. I believe it could have been a bus as I have red paint on my car and I was parked legally just before a bus stop. I think the bus has caught the front wing and bumper of my car when pulling into the bus stop. I have contacted the bus garage but they have come back with nothing. There is no cctv on our road.
Am I able to claim from the MIB?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, because the driver isn't uninsured or we don't know that he was. The MIB is for uninsured drivers.

You can report it to the police.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If they can identify the culprit then you can claim from him.

Otherwise, I'm afraid, there is nobody to claim from.

If you are fully comprehensively insured then your own company should cover it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you can prove it was a bus then you could claim against the bus company.

Can I clarify anything for you?