How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

My wife is British and I am foreign. I got a good job in my

Customer Question

Hi my wife is British and I am foreign. I got a good job in my home land and we settled there, three years later my father in law ask me to return to UK so they can see the grandchildren more often. Because I had a very good career in my home land I had to take a 50% pay cut and start a career from scratch. In order to make this move possible he said he will give us one of his houses if we move back. He did not give us the house but gave us the rental income from it for two years and then stopped. I have suffered severe financial and career losses because of the move. He made proposal in front of my wife and his wife. Now he refuse to give us the house. Is that verbal agreement binding.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, as there is nothing in writing to constitute a contract between the parties this is not legally binding.

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any questions or queries.?

I am sorry but sometimes there are no legal solutions. As I have confirmed the legal position please can I kindly request that you accept /positive rate my reply otherwise the website will not pay me for answering your question. Many thanks.