How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My father has been missing since 1972 just after my mother

Customer Question

my father has been missing since 1972 just after my mother died & is believed to have gone to New Zealand, we have tried finding him to no avail. I would like to pronounce him dead to give us closure & I looked at the forms online but feel I would like some guidance in completing them as it is £500 to do this procedure & if they are incorrect I would t like to have to pay again. Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know if i have to have a solicitor to act for me to declare a missing person presumed dead .....also if I complete the claim form (CPR part 8 ) incorrectly will I be charged the £500 again..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father has been missing since 1972 and we believe he went to New Zealand my brother who has since died tried finding him numerous times.. I have tried with the Saturday mail also the television programmes and no one seems to be able to help. CAn you point me in the right direction, sandra
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

May I ask why you wish to have him declared dead - and have you instructed a tracing agency?