How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What happens if you don't have public liability insurance

This answer was rated:

What happens if you don't have public liability insurance and a member of the public slips and falls over on your premises and puts in a claim against ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Sadly the business would have to pay up.

Either you would admit it, then come to a deal or if you denied it the matter would go to Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would it work if my business closed, I am a sole trader and have been trading at a loss for some years now, also I think the claim is/was-negligence on the person's behalf, would I be personally liable after closing the business ?

They could come after you personally.

So yes, if you are sold trader (ie non limited) then yes they could come after you.

Does that clarify?