How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I was a Property Developer in 2007/8 when the credit crunch

This answer was rated:

I was a Property Developer in 2007/8 when the credit crunch hit. The last property was sold October 2013. I bought the House Warranties from LABC and I know that there is £8,750 still left in the Escrow fund.
My company was struck off at Company's House due to me spending every penny I had to keep the site going; I had no money left to pay an account and the bank would not lend me the funds.
I spoke to LABC today and they have informed me that as the company no longer exists any funds will be forwarded to the Crown. When I first enquired I was told that the money would be returned to the bank who issued the cheque.
Is there anything I can do to reclaim the funds that I paid out in the first instance?
Thank you

On the basis that it is the company that would be entitled to recover the money, you should apply to have the company restored to the companies register at Companies House. An application to the court may be needed and the application would have to be advertised and the various accounts and annual returns brought up to date. Alternatively and depending on the specific circumstances an application for administrative restoration may be possible by going directly to Companies House. I suggest you call the enquiry team at Companies House and they will advise you which route you should follow. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you