How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1494
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am going through a divorce and financial settlement. We

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce and financial settlement. We are at the FDA hearing in September. If my wife has moved out 4 years ago set up a business in the UK and has not been back... The matrimonial home is in both our names... but she has not been here for 4 years.....what rights does she still have on furniture and possessions in the property as she has said she is coming over on this month - I must not be present and she wants to take all of the good furniture etc...... I have boxed her personal belongings and said I can send them to her.... Can she demand entry and break the locks? I have also sold some of the contents over the last 4 years.... does this matter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assit you.

Please may I ask:

- is your wife intending to move back to the UK? is that why she is asking for furniture?

- do you have any minor children living with you?

kind regards


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I am based in the matrimonial him e in the isle of man - she has moved to the UK 4 years ago. There are no children....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry spelling>>> Matrimonial Home in the Isle of Man...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has not been back apart from once to remove all the financial documents without my permission
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your response.

I am a solicitor in England and Wales. I understand that the Isle of Man is is a crown dependent territory but it is a completely separate legal jurisdiction. I will opt out so that one of my colleagues can assist you.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The case in based in the UK so will be through UK Law