How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am writing regarding a boundary dispute, which has been

Customer Question

I am writing regarding a boundary dispute, which has been settled through Mr Penfold engaging a solicitor, the defendant did not emlploy a solicitor, but used a friend who acted on his behalf. This case could have been settled amicably if the defendant had agreed the exchange of land through Land Registry.
The piece of land was Mr Penfolds access to his property, which could not be disputed.
Mr Penfold held old written deeds, and when his neighbour bought his house he had to supply Land registry with up to date info.He now want his neighbour to reemburse his expenses.He has made an application to the small claims court, and would like someone to read his case, give an opinion on how he should proceed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His neighbour has decided to defend the case,I have written the case up in preparatin for it to be heard, but am questioning if it is worth further expense.Mr Penfold has spent all his savings to sort this out and is reliant on a friend to pay the next lot of expense, I am Mr Penfolds carer and he is aware of me contacting you, plus the friend who is paying.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I assume this matter was referred to the land tribunal and it was before the land tribunal that it was settled.

If that is the case, then the application is not made to the Small Claims Court, the application is made to the Registrar or to the tribunal which the matter was referred to.

If you want to read these guidance notes, it will probably assist.

if you then want to let me have what is being prepared, I can comment on it for you.